"Just had to write and tell you that Gordon Stobbe was an AMAZING adjudicator with both family and fiddle classes. I think he was the best adjudicator I have ever witnessed in all my years at festivals! The kids left so positive and energized and smiling. He was fantastic at talking to the kids in a way they could understand and be energized by. I hope you will get him again in future. A huge success! I heard similar comments from other parents. Kudos to you for having such a fabulous adjudicator!" - sent to the Executive Director of the NS Kiwanis Music Festival "I have always admired your ability to dole out the right mix of encouragement and good advice. Your sincere interest in helping everybody to improve their playing is evident and certainly wins the respect of those you work with."
- Jack Sibley, fiddle instructor.
"I was sitting here this morning working and was entertained as CBC played your "Trans Canada Jig". As I was listening, it reminded me why it is important to our music camp to have you instruct ... you really represent Canadian Fiddle Music!"
-the Coast String Fiddler Association of B.C.
"I want to extend my gratitude and sincere 'Thank You' for all the help you have given me and all my students.
Your name is a legend around here." - Harold Anderson, Sask.
Gordon Stobbe has been teaching and conducting workshops for many years. He has developed his own teaching program and has been invited to teach for a number of workshop groups across Canada and the United States, including the Emma Lake Fiddle Camp in Saskatchewan; the Kootenay Fiddlers in Castlegar, B.C.; the Maritime Fiddler's Association; Fiddles on the Tobique Camp in New Brunswick; Fiddlefest Workshops, Smithers, B.C.; Fiddle 'Treat, Gavin Lake, B.C.; the Nova Scotia Music Educators Association; Fiddle Camp in Milaca, Minnesota; the Sunshine Coast Summer School of Celtic Music, Gibsons, B.C.; Norway House, Manitoba Fiddle Camp; Pond Inlet, Nunavet Workshops and the Yukon Music Camp, Whitehorse, Yukon.
Gordon is interested in the connection between traditional instrumental music and dance. In a workshop setting he is capable of addressing a variety of interests:
Gordon is a composer on fiddle and has worked with students in a master class situation to improve their playing and develop their compositional skills. He has a large fiddle music library, a large recording library and a comprehensive video library of Canadian Maritime fiddlers. He has written fiddle instructional books and transcription books which he uses with his students. These resources are now being used by fiddle teachers across Canada and the United States.
- Workshops, Williams Lake, BC
January 6 - 12, 2020
- Shivering Strings West Music Camp, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
January 17 - 19, 2020
- Workshop and Concert Tour, SK, AB, MB, venues TBA
January 13 - 30, 2020
- Shivering Strings Winnipeg , Manitoba
January 24 - 26, 2020
- House Concert with JJ Guy, 403 - 30 Avenue NE, Calgary, AB (text to 403-399-1083)
January 30, 2020, 7:30 pm
- Shivering Strings Calgary Music Camp, Calgary, AB
January 31 - February 2, 2020 February 7 - 9, 2020
- Workshops, Whitehorse, Yukon
February 21 - 23, 2020
- School workshops and Concert and Dance, High River, Alberta
February 28 , 2020
- School workshops and Concert and Dance tour with JJ Guy, BC - CANCELLED
March 2 - 14, 2020
- Shivering Strings Golden, Golden, BC
March 6 - 8, 2020
- Workshops and school shows, Churchill, MB - CANCELLED
March 21 - 24, 2020
- Workshops, Price George, BC - CANCELLED
April 17 - 19, 2020
- Workshops, Bella Coola, BC - CANCELLED
April 22 - 26, 2020
- Workshops, Whitehorse, Yukon - CANCELLED
April 30 - May 3, 2020
- School workshops, NT - CANCELLED
May 4 - 8, 2020
- Jamboree, Hay River, NT - CANCELLED
May 9, 2020
- School workshops, NT - CANCELLED
May 11 - 15, 2020
- Concert with JJ Guy and Cathy Sproule, The Bassment, Saskatoon, SK - CANCELLED
June 9, 2020
- The Hills Are Alive, Elkwater , AB - CANCELLED
June 11 -14, 2020
- The Maritime Fiddle Festival, with JJ Guy - CANCELLED
July 3 - 6, 2020
- Fiddly Ness Fiddle Camp, Ness Creek, SK - ONLINE
July 6 - 10, 2020 July 12 - 17, 2020
- Fiddle 'Treat, (fiddle camp) Gavin Lake, B.C. - CANCELLED
July 25 - 31, 2020 * Live Fiddle Workshops and concerts with Twin Fiddles and Cross Canada Fiddle
- Robert's Creek/Gibsons, BC
August 1 - 3, 2020, 9 am- 12pm
- Comox Valley, BC
August 6 - 8, 2020, 9 am- 12pm
- Nanaimo, BC (morning and afternoon sessions offered, both in-person and via Zoom)
August 10 - 12, 2020
- John Arcand Fiddle Workshop and Festival, Saskatchewan - CANCELLED
Aug 6 - 8, 2020
- Nanaimo Fiddle Society Camp, Nanaimo, BC - CANCELLED
Aug 10 - 14, 2020
- CGM, Winnipeg, AB - CANCELLED
Aug 28 - 29, 2020